If you need an invitation letter for applying for Chinese visa, please email

Foreigners are generally required to apply for a visa before departure, but some aliens needn't if they come to Mainland, China, for example, ordinary passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan enjoy free access for up to 15 days.

Aliens should apply from Chinese Embassies or Consulates. Each Embassy or consulate has its own consular districts. Usually, applicants are required to lodge their application to the relevant Embassy or Consulate according to consular districts. 

Passport holders of following 51 countries and regions can be granted a visa-free stay of up to 72 hours while in transit via Beijing Capital Airport (PEK), Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) & Hongqiao International Airport (SHA), Guangzhou Baiyun Airport (CAN), Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU), Shenyang Taoxian International Airport (SHE), Dalian International Airport (DLC), Harbin Taiping International Airport (HRB), Xian Xianyang International Airport (XIY), Guilin Liangjiang International Airport (KWL), Kunming Changshui International Airport (KMG), Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport (HGH), Wuhan Tianhe International Airport (WUH), Tianjin Binhai International Airport and Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport (XMN): 

Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.